Friday, November 19, 2004



I am getting more boring each day. Since i cant think of anything today, i will just show u an article. This is also why i am going to be a couch potato. haha.... hv fun during the holidays!
Roddick Clinches SF Spot
Andy Roddick finished with a flourish on his 15th ace Thursday, blasting past Marat Safin 7-6 (8-7), 7-6 (7-4) and into the semifinals at the Tennis Masters Cup.
Victory in just under two hours assures the American of his place in the final four at the Westside tennis club; the other spot in the Blue group will be determined when Safin and Tim Henman face off Friday.
Henman stayed in the chase with a defeat of Roland Garros finalist Guillermo Coria 6-2, 6-2.
With the sun finally appearing after three days of near-total washouts, Roddick made the most of the pleasant conditions as he brought a halt to Safin's run of success which had led Big Red from Moscow a pair of Tennis Masters Series trophies in Madrid and Paris.
Roddick managed 45 winners with Safin striking 37.But the Russian fell short on break point opportunities, converting just one of seven.
He did put up a show of force in the second-set tiebreaker with two aces on the way to the match loss. The fourth-ranked Safin came into the contest having compiled a 23-3 match record since his first round loss to Thomas Enqvist at the US Open.
"I was just a little bit unlucky, tie-breaks are a lottery and I had my chances. It could have gone 7-6, 7-6, to me. Unfortunately, it just wasn't my day," Safin stated.
The Russian added: "I did everything right and didn't make any huge mistakes. I'm not sad; I'm still alive. I still have a chance tomorrow against Tim. I'm really glad that I'm playing well."
The 24-year-old Russian has won three times in six tournaments, with Beijing the start of his glory run last September.
Roddick kept just slightly ahead of Roger Federer in the season-victory tables, as he earned his 73rd of 2004 against 15 defeats.
The American lost an early break in the first set, but took the set in the decider. In the second, he saved three Safin set points before finally dismissing the Russian, also a former world No. 1.


Ange
9:59 pm