This is the first time in my life that I am actually coming up with a New Year resolution. I shall not include cliché ones. E.g. I will study hard, go on a diet, get a new wardrobe etc cause those are the ones that are difficult to be fulfilled.And I shall come up with 10, seems like a rather reasonable number and that there are higher chances that at least 1 could be fulfilled. Here it goes:1. To pass my driving practical before I turn 20 hopefully (by calculations, I have to pass it on my next try). 2.To be less forgetful. As I always say, I don’t even have short-term memory. I can forget things almost instantly and I can’t find a reason for it. 3.To run a bit once in a while (this isn’t cliché cause I didn’t say I want to participate in a marathon) and hopefully feel healthier and lose some weight.
4.To be more spontaneous in school. Maybe I should consider getting a cca. 5. To overcome my stage fright of speaking up in class. My voice tends to tremble and my face will turn tomato in some cases. In jc I wasn’t like that thou. Maybe it’s due to stress. 6.To convince my parents that I am old enough to do certain things. I need to know their views on certain issues and whether or not they are against it. 7.To take care of my stomach cause it's getting sick more often. 8.To have more control and responsibility financially. 9. To know more people in school and blend in more.
10. XX XXX X XXXXXXXXX XXX XX XXXXX [guess them yourself =P]
One year later, I shall dig this post out from my archive and review them. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Looking at the year..
This year has been quite a satisfying year. Some of the events that happened made a huge impact on my life and I don't think I will ever forget it.
Basically, the major events that happened are (which I prefer to call) first-timers.
Number One (my favourite event of the year), for the first time, I went to work. Before that, I always thought work is a very scary thing because it is foreign (to me) and I have never thought of myself going to work. To me, working is an adult thing. My working experience overall has been quite memorable and enjoyable. Of course, it also has its not-so-enjoyable experiences whereby anger, frustration, boredom, confusion etc was felt but they were rather minor (u known, like some days where everything just goes against you). Somehow, I feel quite lucky that even though I started work later than some of my friends and was quite afraid that I will get some crappy job, I got something that I am just grateful for. No stress, in Orchard, nobody ordering me around, my table is bigger than anybody else (bwahahaha), peacefulness, air-conditioned, don't have to stand or perform manual labour and my colleagues are nice to me, what more can I ask for? 9 hrs just pass by very fast everyday because most of the time I am living in my own world, daydreaming or thinking and sometimes I just stare into space for hours. Don't ask me how I did it, there were just some days I didn't feel like reading and I just stone the whole day. Like everyone else, I learnt quite a lot of things that cannot be taught in textbooks. The most impactful thing I learnt is that- if I don't get more education (study), I don't get to choose. Actually, there's a story/incident behind this which its rather hard to narrate here.
Number Two, I took over the wheel for the first time. But for the moment, I shall not talk about it cause I still have not gotten my license after one year of getting my PDL. My driving record is marred by lots of unfortunate events. Haiz...
Number Three, I began the first year of my undergraduate studies. All I can say is that despite (ignorant) people assuming that I study on how to sell houses and commenting on how lousy and unwanted my course is, and sometimes even calling it a "dumping ground", once again I would like to emphasize that I am glad and relived that I have made the right choice, I enjoy what I am studying and that I have no regrets for it. This is what I want to do for the next 4 years and hopefully for the rest of my life. In the beginning I couldn't accept it either because I was so bothered about how others looked at it, but somehow I managed to convince myself that I am the one who is studying, not them. How I feel about it is really all that matters. Besides trying to accept it myself, I have to convince my parents, especially my dad, who threw the real estate degree brochure onto the ground when I showed it to him. It was a heart-wrenching moment when your parents don't support your decision, or rather, when they just refuse to listen to you and care about how you feel. Luckily, I had my mum who helped to talk him over cause I can't talk to him and at the same time, I myself was feeling upset most of the time. Fortunately, I had work, which helped to occupy my mind with other things. The whole process of applying for university was quite a bumpy ride. It is like a three-part thriller movie. First part is waiting for 'A' level results, second part is applying for the three universities and the last one was waiting for applications results. And the whole process took up about 6 months or so (too lazy to count). All I can say is I am happy the whole thing is over and has reached a satisfying ending. It wasn't easy. It had more unhappy moments than happy ones.
And below I would like to mention and thank some people who helped make 2007 a wonderful year for me. Really grateful that I have you guys around me.
Since most my time this year was taken up by work, I rarely get to see my friends because they are all working and busy with their own schedules as well. It just gets harder and harder to get everyone together. I still miss my jc days a lot cause it's a time where we stick together everywhere, whereby our favourite "activity" was going to the washroom together between lessons, sometimes even taking pictures. Actually, we take pictures anywhere, anytime, anyplace (the camera handphones are wonderful inventions). And we are all from the cca, so on certain days we see each other for 12 hours or more. If there is no cca, we just go out. Our favourite hangouts were Far East and Mos Burger. I am referring to the Parteh Animals (although we don't party), consisting of Alvernia, Melissa, Hweemin, Kahyee, Daphne and me. Next year, there would be fewer of us left in Singapore cause Alv is joining Daph to study in australia. ='( Even though we don't see each other so often now, I am really happy whenever I am out with you guys.
One person, widely know as my "wife" in school cause we are always seen together, especially in the morning, is Agustin. Even though we both had work (in the first half of the year), we still managed to keep in contact a lot. And we still call each other up every now and then even though we are in different faculties cause we never get to meet in school, as our timetables are totally different. We work very near each other but we still can't meet up at all because we have different lunch times. I would call her workplace up or sms her whenever I am bored. And since she worked in a call centre, once in a blue moon I would call and pretend that I am a member of the public requesting for her and make some dumb enquires and we will both laugh at it crazily after that. We can't chitchat cause all her calls are recorded and handphones are not allowed when she's working unless she uses her Bluetooth so her supervisor can’t see it. And after she quit her job, she would suddenly pop by at my workplace and disturb me by tempting me with all the clothes and food she just bought. And yes, she will also meddle with everything that is on my table. She made me feel so fortunate that my job is so much easier than hers after listening to all her complains on how ridiculous people can be. Thanks for all that company.
And another person, Weiqi. Even though we don't meet up very often ever since we parted ways after secondary school, I am glad we still manage to keep in contact and still be so close all these years. Thanks for listening to me when I just feel like grumbling. And I also remember the talks we had when you were on your way to work.
Last but not least, since as I already said that I spent most of my time at work this year, I want to give special mention to two people- Karen and Catherine. Thanks for everything. Both of you have been really nice to me. Really appreciated it. And also thank you for all those lunches. Really feel very paisey to always make the both of you pay for me. Without you guys, I don't think I will feel so attached to the company. Thanks you, thank you and thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is exactly 4 years and 7 months since I created my blog and I think this is by far the longest blog post I have ever written. And also, never in my blog I have opened myself up so much as I always feel insecure as to who is reading my blog. But I guess all my readers have been reading my blog for years already, so I think there's nothing much to hide. And since this is mine, I want to feel free to blog anything I want like how some people blog.
Thanks for reading this (long) post. I think I took a very long time to blog everything out. Hope you guys enjoyed reading it. With this, I would like to wish all my readers a Happy New Year. May 2008 be a gr8ter year ahead!
Ange
2:31 pm
About me
Taggie
Leisure reads
Connection
Archive