Monday, November 03, 2008



Handed in Urban project today. Still not feeling well, I dunno whats wrong with me, but I am taking a break anyway and thus I am blogging.

The Formula 1 season has officially ended. Now have to wait till March 09 for more racing action.
World championship goes to Lewis Hamilton. Expected but not favored.
Constructors' Championship goes to the scarlet cars, the Prancing Horse, the almighty Ferrari! Actually I am not a Ferrari fan, I support which ever team Kimi Raikkonen is in.

To sum up (everything below is only my opinion):

Favorite driver: Kimi Raikkonen.
I just love this guy. I started supporting him the moment I got hooked onto F1. I didnt like him because he was cute, handsome or leading the championship. In fact, he was just an ordinary racer in Mercedes. Schmacher was the hot favorite at that time. I got attracted to his attitude and actions. Then I realised he was quite goodlooking too after quite some time. That's a bonus. (That's becos drivers have their helmet on almost all the time. Even after the race when they take their helmets off, they look really sweaty and messy, not very attractive). Last yr, he was world champion. This yr, he wasnt very lucky on track. The only consolation was that he won the DHL Fastest Lap Award this yr. The highlight was, I get to see him in real life in Singapore! Fav comment from Kimi this yr, goes something along the line like this: I need a miracle to win the championship. A miracle something like which the lightning strike the same spot twice.

Favorite car design(s): Ferrari and Renault. I realised that during the Singapore night race. At first when the Renault car got introduced earlier this yr, I thought it was damn ugly. But under the night lights at Marina Bay, I got really attracted by it and thought it was really nice.
Ferrari cars are always nice, cause its always the same. haha. Just purely red is classy somehow. Under the lights, they were super shiny.

New favorite driver: Fernando Alonso. He started getting lucky again after his first win in 2 yrs in Singapore. Then after Singapore, he won in Japan. In Brazil, he got 2nd place. The two-time former world champion really showed off his superb skills in his Renault, with really fantastic overtaking maneuvers in his not-so-good car. Used to dislike him cause he's cocky and has "bad-mouth", but somebody is even worse than him when it comes to cockiness. My fav comment from him this yr, goes something along the lines like this: I did not know Hamilton got punished. I do not care. But it's good that he got punished anyway.

Favorite newcomer: Sebastian Vettel. He won a race from pole in his Toro-Rosso. Overtook Hamilton in Brazil. I think he's good.

Most improved driver: Felipe Massa. For this season, to my unexpectation, he performed better than Kimi. But, I would prefer if he would behave more like Kimi when he wins and cut down on all that irritating actions. Same goes for Alonso. I didn't quite like the way Alonso reacted when he won in Singapore. But I excuse him cause the former double world champion didnt win in 2 yrs.

Most disappointing driver: Jenson Button. Had no idea what happened to him this season. Finished 3rd last in his Honda. Btw, he's quite handsome, and I heard that he's very fit. The fittest drivers are: Button, Trulli, Kimi and Hamilton.

Car that needs improvement in design: Honda. Very ugly. The green and white is a disaster. (green- somebody's gonna kill me)

Two cars that I couldnt tell apart in Singapore whenever they zoomed passed me: BMW and Williams. Hopefully they notice it. They look different, but to me, its jus both dark blue and white.

Most disappointing car: Honda. Must be the color la.

Most disappointing newcomer: Nelsinho Piquet. He caused the accident in Singapore at the Bay Granstand. Make the safety car come out.

Most "poor-thing" driver: Heikki Kovaleinen. The newcomer in F1 suffered in silence under the shadow of Hamilton in Mercedes. He always got the less advantage car and fuel strategy. Unlike Alonso, this poor guy didn't even dare to make noise.

Most disliked driver: Lewis Hamilton. He has skills. Nothing else.
Arrogant, rude on track, cocky, many irritating actions on podium, full of himself.
No use of being world champion when other drivers do not approve on what you do in and out of track.



Ange
9:08 pm