Saturday, May 16, 2009



Done with week 1 of 9 of my internship =)
The first two days were real tough, but subsequently it got better because my intern partner and I decided to just "cheat". After we came up with our brilliant idea, we did things like 3 times faster. Yay! Now just pray hard that the supervisor never ever finds out. Shall see in the subsequent weeks how our assignment goes as it's really a huge shitty job for us to handle.
Oh, they gave us two assignments, in which other one is even more ridiculous. We have to do a literary report I-dunno-what on cashflows and investment discount rates, something which I have yet to study in school but my Year 3 partner has. Who the hell does literary work/report at work?!?! This one, I will worry after I have covered visiting 53 plots of land throughout Singapore in a month. This week, we covered only 1 pathetic plot. My supervisor seems sadistic and unsympathetic to me in respect to this assignment, though she brought us to see the very nice Fusionopolis on Wed. I keep having the impression that she's desperate that we finish what they do not want to do by mid next month because they need the information urgently.
I ate like double of my usual diet because half the time I was running around the office and outside doing site inspection and I get hungry real fast. And my legs get so suan from all the walking!! Usually we walk for like 3 hours non-stop you see. My partner wear heels, does the same thing as me, and at the end of the day, she only complains of her neck being suan. Neck?!?! Somehow, maybe this is her last internship opportunity, she behaves like a workaholic. She starts doing work at 830 and immediately after lunch I see her doing more work. I, on the other hand, reached office at 840 (late somemore) everyday and after lunch, I just lurk around to digest my lunch. Now that I have found where the newspaper is...hehehe. Lucky once in a while she will complain that she's tired else I would really think I am working with a robot.
It's my hols, and yet I feel stressed unknowingly cause I dreamt of my valuation lecturer and factories every night. Must really learn to relax and balance up my life cause it's not worth it working so hard. Yes, I need to learn to juggle work and play. And STRESS.


Ange
10:49 pm